About Our Organization
With 20 years of experience, Greater DC Cares is the leading and largest coordinator of volunteerism in the region. Greater DC Cares comprehensively mobilizes volunteers and strengthens the capacity of nonprofits to better impact communities and the key issues in the Greater DC Region. Greater DC Cares works with a network of more than 750 nonprofits, 24,000 volunteers and a host of corporate and foundation partners working together to positively impact the region.
Measurable Outcomes Achieved
In the past 15 months, GDCC has:
• Engaged more than 5,100 volunteers in volunteer opportunities through our weekly Flexible Volunteering program;
• Developed and executed 90 large-scale projects engaging more than 6,500 volunteers in facilities beautification projects across the region, including projects at 45 DC public schools;
• Trained 300+ existing nonprofit board members on best practices of board leadership;
• Trained and placed 52 business professionals on local nonprofit boards;
• Conducted organizational needs assessments for 128 nonprofits, completing the list of nearly 500 assessed partners.
To find out more about Greater DC Cares go to www.greaterdccares.org or contact our Coordinator of Volunteer Services, Billy Fettweis, at 202-777-4447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.